Emo Over Eighteen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.A ain't gonna like this one.. but hey :)

2 posters

Go down

R.A ain't gonna like this one.. but hey :) Empty R.A ain't gonna like this one.. but hey :)

Post  Celerity March 31st 2009, 10:38 pm

I post it in it's originality.

Friday, January 23, 2009
Amy's tree

Amy sat at the foot of a tree. This tree was healthy, full of green leaves. It's seeds would fall, but could not be eaten. The tree soaked up any water on the ground in which it was planted. Amy sat at the trunk of the tree, her face was sad and her eyes watered. People would walk by this tree, alone on a hill. Passersby would walk with a stride in their step. Sometimes, a couple would approach - joyously holding each other's hands. Most people didn't look, most people had branches in their hand or pocket. Some days, those people would stop and talk to her. Her beautiful face, framed by thick black hair would raise to look into their eyes. They would ask her how she is, if things were ok. Regardless of the answer, they would bid her farewell and continue walking. Soon, approaching people would not even raise her delicate head.

One day a man approached, and kneeled to her. His pockets were full of leaves and branches. He reached out, and put his hand under her chin. She turned away, the water in her eyes glistening off the morning sun. He tried again, and picked her face up to look into her deep eyes.

"Why are you here?" he asked.

"Because this is my tree." she responded.

Pushing on, he asked "Have you ever walked away from your tree?"

Amy responded: "I can't."

The man thought for a second, and then asked "Has no one ever walked with you from your tree?"

"One other. He sat with me for a while. We started to walk, but I can't leave my tree. After a while, he left and walked on." Amy explained, her gaze returned to the ground.

"Oh. That's a shame. I remember when, just over that hill, people would talk to me under my tree. They would leave too. I missed them all for a long time. Why don't you walk with me ?" He asked.

"I can't. I can't leave this tree." Her response was forlorn, a sadness in her tone. That sadness struck a chord with the man. He remembered his own sadness, but also remembered his own pockets full of sticks and leaves.

"Please, Stand up and try with me. I promise we can." Amy rose to her feet, and sighed. Taking his hand, the two walked a few feet. Without even leaving the shade of the tree, his hand was tugged by her. Looking back, they both saw a rope. The rope was tied to the tree, it's other end tied to Amy's delicate wrist. She closed her eyes, Tears welling again. Even he, with his pockets full of sticks and leaves, was overwhelmed by her sense of frustration. Her sadness. She was tied to a branch on the tree. Backing up, her face hung with shame. He looked into her eyes, and smiled.

"I see you're tied to this tree" he said.

"This is my tree. I can't walk away." Her voice fluttered.

"I too, was tied to a tree. This tree is yours, and it's important to you. I'm sure you couldn't forget about your tree. You shouldn't forget this tree. You should carry it with you. This tree, instead keeps you with it."
He took her other hand, and together they loosened the rope around the branch. Sliding it down the branch to a thinner part, they both slipped the rope off the end. Undoing the knot, they freed her bound wrist. Reaching above her head, she snapped off a branch. The branch had green leaves on it, and it was not easy to break. Looking down, she opened her pocket and put the branch inside.

He looked at her and smiled.

Amy smiled back. --------

I'll catch flak about it, but it's still a piece I refer to often.
Celerity
Celerity

Back to top Go down

R.A ain't gonna like this one.. but hey :) Empty Re: R.A ain't gonna like this one.. but hey :)

Post  Neo March 31st 2009, 11:42 pm

If you like Reckless.Abandonment, then tell her how you feel.

Interesting story.
Neo
Neo

Back to top Go down

R.A ain't gonna like this one.. but hey :) Empty Re: R.A ain't gonna like this one.. but hey :)

Post  Celerity April 1st 2009, 12:21 am

Hahahah ! No, no ... don't worry . I'm her roommate. That story was just about an Ex - and I try not to pine on and on about Amy. When I do, our sysop is likely to hit me.
Celerity
Celerity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum